Let’s Talk Conditioning…
I hope you had a nice weekend!
With the fall sport preseason in full swing and fall AAU try-outs and practices starting, let’s talk conditioning!
It is called strength and conditioning for a reason 🙂
While I definitely think girls need to spend more time strength training, I also believe there needs to be a conditioning, metabolic part
Why is this important?
Most if not all, fall sports teams needed to complete some form of conditioning tests, while I don’t expect all girls to pass every test, there needs to be a baseline conditioning level, because…
1. You do not want to get injured. Most athletes get injured when they are tired, they get sloppy with their movement, muscles start pulling and cramping or worst, they get a knee injury
2. You need to impress, stand out to your coach. The coaches know who did their summer, post season packets, work and those you didn’t. You especially don’t want to be an incoming freshman or striving to make varsity and haven’t done anything this post season. Don’t be that athlete!
3. A better conditioned athlete is a better athlete. Your cutting, change of direction, speed is going to be sharper and crisp
4. You are holding your team back by not showing up in shape. Every strength coach or coach has a plan A, B and C. If the coach can go right into plan A, your team will be 3 steps ahead of the competition
Let’s be honest, the game of basketball keeps getting more physical and you better prepare yourself to play at the next level, whether that be varsity, college or even the pro’s
So, you are probably thinking, coach, what conditioning drills do you recommend
1. Track workouts and sprints (especially since the game of basketball is a game of sprints)
3. Metabolic Finishers (ropes, swings, etc)
4. Resistance Band lateral work, turns and sprints
Whether you are a player or coach let me know what you do for conditioning and what’s your favorite?
If you need my help with your strength and conditioning program, tomorrow, I am opening up my 6 week ACL injury prevention and neuromusclar program
This program is for athletes that are already in season and need to stay healthy, restore movement and stay injury free
This program is for basketball players looking to prepare for AAU and the upcoming season
If you have any questions, just hit reply
Your friend and coach,
PS: Coaches- Join my 6 Week Coaches Academy
My favorite thing to do is help entrepreneurs and coaches build their female athlete business or become a better coach, and I work with a small group of motivated entrepreneurs, coaches to do just that. If you’d like to learn what the WBP Academy is all about and determine if you are a good fit!
We start on Wednesday, September 6th
Registration is now open ===> https://brickey-jen.