|Last week, I talked about 3 things to check with your middle school athletes:|
1. Check their athletic stance
2. Teach them how to decelerate, how to stop. I find bands are the perfect place to start
3. Are their knees craving in?
Today, I wanted to give you 3 more things to check:
1. Can they perform push-ups?
I like my athletes to perform “real” push-ups assisted with a band or incline.
Going on the knees takes out the core
2. Can they squat?
3. Can/do they train in multiple planes of motion?
Can they side lunge, transverse lunge, etc
Basketball is a game of pivots, turns, stop and go. We need to make sure we train front to back, side to side and transverse
You now have 6 things to check
Let me know what you find out whether you are a coach, athlete or parents
Have a great week,
Your friend and coach,